Sunday, February 16, 2014

Christmas....

Christmas was fast approaching and I needed some unique gift ideas. I found and idea to do what I like to call scrapbooking on canvas. Most people would say that seems challenging, but I said, "Let's give it a try". I have to say not every single one I did came out as good as I had hoped. However, the one you will see below, came out better then excepted. I gave it as a gift to the mother the little girl and look on her face was one of pure joy and appreciation.



To make this canvas photo the following steps were taken:
1) Use some artist glue (will get the name of what I used and update this item later) to attach the scrapbook paper to canvas.
2) Added strips of canvas to the sides to cover the canvas - later figured out that ribbon works better and looks clearner.
3) Added the photo to the center of the paper.
4) Added the stickers for the baloons and border of the photo.
5) Covered the whole page with the same glue as a protective coating
6) Although it is hard to see.... finished it off with some puff craft paint along the board to cover the canvas was still exposed along the edge.



I was recently at the house where this picture was given and it is still hanging on the wall after a year and looks as good as when it first was given. :)
 
 
 
 
ALSO.....
 
 
 
 
Need something simple and fun for a Christmas Table Centerpiece? I do!!!
 
Why not try out a candy cane decorated vase with some beautiful white and red rose!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment