Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Beginning...

Hello Everyone!

I'm finally getting around to updating my blog. I'm sure most of you are wondering how this all got started, so I will start out with the story from the beginning.

Well  it all started about a year and a half ago when I was invited to a baby shower. I wanted to make something special because as you all know buying gifts for baby showers can be really expensive for one gift. Plus, there is always that chance that you will end up getting the same gift as someone else. I'm sure you all know that feeling.

I decided to attempt a basic diaper cake after seeing it somewhere and looking up instructions online. As you can see below... it wasn't terrible.


I was not happy with just taking this to the baby shower, so I also got ambitious and made my 1st no-sew blanket. Definitely loved the baby animal print, which made it difficult to give as a gift. I'm sure glad I did though! I made it large so it could be used for many years, the baby could grow with it.

The blanket turned out to be a huge hit! It was even used by great grandma when holding the baby. Come to find out, it was the only blanket used on a regular basis. So glad it was being used!!!

Well, the story continues with making cakes for other baby showers as gift, since everyone seemed to be having babies. However, the cake design has evolved as time goes on as well. I will post more pictures and info later, so you can all see how they look now. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment